Healthy Happy Puppies
By Amy Shojai
Your Healthy Puppy
These articles describe how a healthy puppy looks and acts, to help you choose a healthy baby to adopt. You'll also find basic information on benchmarks--what's normal for a puppy and what to expect as Junior grows up.
- Predicting Puppy Personality With Temperament Tests
- Your Puppy's Development--The First 3 Months
- Your Puppy's Development--10 Weeks to 12 Months
Puppy play is one of the greatest pleasures of adopting a fur-kid. Play changes as your puppy develops from birth to a year of age. These articles explain why puppies play, how they play, and favorite puppy games you can share with your fur-kid.
- Why Puppies Play
- How Puppies Play
- Safe Games For Hot Weather
- How To Choose Safe Puppy Toys
- Learn About Dog Sports to Play With Your Puppy
Diseases & Disorders
Puppies get sick quicker than adults and can take longer to recover. These articles cover the most common or dangerous puppy diseases and conditions, symptoms you'll see, and explain how they can be prevented and what treatments are available.
- What To Do About Puppy Vomiting
- Recognize & Prevent Bloat In Puppies
- What Is Heartworms?
- What Are Ear Mites?
You live with your puppy and are vital to keeping her healthy. These articles provide tips on home safety, routine care, and puppy first aid.
- What To Feed Your Puppy
- Puppy Feeding Schedule
- Puppy Teeth: Teething, Brushing & Dental Care
- How To Express Anal Glands
- Puppy Fur & How To Groom
- Do Puppies Shed?
- What Is Puppy Fur?
- How To Bathe Puppies
- How To Clip Nails
- How To Socialize Puppies
- Puppy Proof Your House & Yard
- How To Treat Puppy Fleas
- How To Remove and Prevent Ticks
- Natural Remedies for Ear Mites
- How To Medicate Eyes, Ears & Skin
- How to Pill Puppies
- How To Take Temperature
Puppy First Aid
Sometimes your puppy gets into life-threatening trouble and you don't have time to get him to the vet. Other times, home treatment works just as well to relieve a puppy's discomfort. First aid doesn't replace your veterinarian but knowing what to do can save your puppy's life. Refer to these articles for step by step first aid tips for common issues you can treat.
- EMERGENCY! How To Peform Puppy CPR
- EMERGENCY! How To Perform Rescue Breathing
- EMERGENCY! First Aid for Electrical Shock
- EMERGENCY! First Aid for Drowning
- EMERGENCY! First Aid for Heat Stroke
- How To Induce Vomiting
- First Aid for Chocolate Poisoning
- Common Plant Poisons & Symptoms
- First Aid for Bug Bites Treatment
- First Aid for Hot Spots
- First Aid for Sun Burn
- How To Remove Skunk Smell
I can't say enough good things about veterinarians! They are the puppy owner's first line of defense for good puppy health. These articles help you choose the best vet for your fur kid, and describe some of the most common and important services you can expect.
These articles offer suggestions and tips about all the necessary puppy paraphernalia and supplies; from treats and toys, to bowls and beds.