Some of y'all know that in my "other life" I write pet books, and I wanted to share some exciting news with all the puppy lovers out there. I've just published a new puppy-licious book on Amazon Kindle:
The United States is home to 78.2 million owned dogs, and 28 percent of owners own more than one dog while 12 percent own three or more. That means more furry love for owners, but also can create a howling mess over that (GRRRR!) new canine friend. From conflicts over favorite toys and chew bons to sharing time with a favorite human, adding new pets rubs fur the wrong way and creates hairy situations for everyone--including you.
This new guide gives owners the ability to understand why dogs act with dog-matic aggression, and learn how to soothe the growls and turn your household into a peaceable kingdom. You'll find detailed prescriptive how-to advice focused in the most common problems found in the multi-dog household.
Use these fun techniques to calm fears, explain canine woofs and whines and body language, and strengthen the bond you share with your dogs. Step by step tips from this award-winning author and certified animal behavior consultant explain how to:
- Recognize and diffuse dog-to-dog aggression
- Solve canine firework fears, thunder phobias and separation anxiety
- Settle disputes over territory, potty problems and mealtime woes
- Choose an appropriate furry friend that resident dogs welcome with open "paws"
- Introduce the new arrival (including fiancee, babies, kids & cats) to the current canines
- Solve common pet peeves: barking, chewing, digging, jumping up, and more!
Fun, practical, and eminently informative, Competability helps owners devise strategies that enable multiple dogs to live in harmony within the same household. The book explains everything the loving dog owner needs to know. Most important, Competability provides crucial tips on how to evaluate and match your pets' personalities, improve their relationships, and make your home a sanctuary for canine fun and peace.