1. Home
Amy Shojai

Carbon Monoxide Puppy Poisoning—Silent Killer!

By November 22, 2011

Follow me on:

DachshundCarbon monoxide poisoning affects both humans and animals and sometimes our pets actually save our lives. Several years ago, a small green lovebird named Gumby saved my brother's life, and that of his wife and child. When Gumby began falling off his perch, they knew birdy fainting spells were not normal and sought veterinary help. The diagnosis was carbon monoxide poisoning, traced to a malfunctioning heater that could have put the whole family to sleep--permanently.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, tasteless, odorless gas. It causes the same symptoms in puppies as in people. Hopefully you have a CO2 detector in your home and have had furnaces inspected to prevent any problem. In the meantime, educate yourself about the signs, and what to do, with my latest article about carbon monoxide poisoning in puppies.

Image RickieB20/Flickr

Comments

No comments yet. Leave a Comment

Leave a Comment


Line and paragraph breaks are automatic. Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title="">, <b>, <i>, <strike>

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.