It's scary how something that tastes so good can be so dangerous, but puppies and chocolate are a deadly combination. With Halloween just two weeks away, many families will have lots of trick-or-treat candy in the house. Be sure to keep all of it out of reach.
Any candy can cause upset tummies that result in vomiting or diarrhea. Let's face it, these furry little guys will find trouble on their own so it's up to owners to run interference and keep them safe. Remind your kids that puppies should never be fed candy as it can upset their nutrition and cause dental problems even if it's not toxic.
Puppies think chocolate tastes good, too. So should the worst happen and you see the little guy munch chocolate--or you find the telltale evidence with chewed up candy wrappers--be sure you understand the symptoms and know what to do with puppy first aid by reading this article about puppies and chocolate poisoning.
Image © Vikki Hart/Getty Images